RE/MAX Realty Today & Tahoe All Seasons Properties
PO Box 10058
Zephyr Cove, NV 89448
(530) 545 – 8102
Rental Policy and Terms of Agreement
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Owner/ Management has the right to inspect the premises with 24 hour notice to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- Security deposit will secure the performance of Tenant’s obligations. Owner may, but will not be obligated to, apply all portions of said deposit on account of tenants obligations. The security deposit is refundable if there is no damage and the unit is left in clean condition. The landlord shall provide the tenant with an itemized written accounting of the disposition of the security and return any remaining portion of the security to the tenant no later than 30 days after termination of the tenancy.
- 3. Tenant acknowledges that, unless the Owner/Management is notified immediately upon occupancy, the premises, including the furniture, furnishings and appliances, are in good working order and condition. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Owner/ Management as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Owner/ Management shall charge costs of said services to credit card if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins provided by the Owner or community the property is located. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside because it attracts animals.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
- The Tenants shall not sublet the property or assign this agreement without prior written consent from Owner/Management.
- The Tenants shall have no more than _____10________ persons reside or sleep on the premises.
- Tenant will comply with all statutes, ordinances, and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities, regarding the use of the premises, including, but not limited to, the use or sale of illicit drugs. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 9PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum. The tenant will be responsible for any fine given because of a noise disturbance.
- There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
- Owner shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly needed for a fully furnished vacation rental. Owner/Management to provide a limited amount of toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, dish detergent and laundry soap. Personal products such as shampoos, body soap, tooth paste and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
- The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Owner/ Management against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Owner/ Management may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own renters insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
- No outside fires due to lake Tahoe ordinances. No Fireworks.
- In any action or proceeding involving a dispute between Owner/Management and Tenant arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and any costs incurred.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 5 PM present or not with a 24 hour notice.
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the lake. Tenant agrees to have responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the lake. Tenant is hereby notified that the lake can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- Tenant is advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, gas fireplace and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the fire place area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 1 month they shall become the property of the Owner/ Management. The Owner/ Management shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- The heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. Always leave the heat set to at least 55 degrees in the winter to ensure no pipes freeze.
- There will be no refund of rent in the case the tenant is asked to leave by the police department or the governing HOA.
- Fair Housing. Owner and Tenant understand that the state and fair housing laws prohibit discrimination in the sale, rental, appraisal, financing or advertising of housing on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, familial status, source of income, age, mental or physical disability.
- Three week cancellation Policy. If you cancel 3 weeks prior to your check in date, there will be a full refund less a $75 processing fee. Anything canceled after the three week grace period is subject to a 75% loss of total rent due to compensate the owner and management company. Management company will actively look for a new tenant to replace the income from the cancelation and if successful, management company will not hold onto the 75%.
Please initial the next two sections and sign the rental agreement as well as the Duties Owed Page.
All of our rentals are professionally cleaned after each rental, however mistakes happen and sometimes a cleaner misses something. If you notice anything that was not cleaned properly or any major appliance not working correctly, please contact Brandon at (530) 545-8102 immediately to resolve the problem. This must be done within the first 2 hours of your stay. Initials _____________, _____________
The tenant will be issued keys and or gate passes to the unit at check in. The tenant will be responsible for retuning keys and or gate passes. If these items are not retuned the tenant will be charged $150 from the security deposit. Initials _____________, _______________.
(We) agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided above is true:
Tenant _____________________________________________________________Date ______________
Tenant _____________________________________________________________Date ______________
Re/Max Realty Today for Tahoe All Seasons Properties
Employee/ Agent _____________________________________________________Date _____________
Tahoe All Seasons Properties
Please review the basic rules and regulations that every tenant must follow.
Check Out Time is at 11am: If you are not out by 11am and the maids have to wait to clean, you will be charged an additional $100 from your security deposit).
Returning Keys: When checking out, please place keys in the key pouch of the welcome package. Per the rental agreement that was signed, the tenant will be responsible for retuning keys and or gate passes. If these items are not retuned the tenant will be charged $150 from the security deposit.
Lock Box Keys: The key in the lockbox is meant for check in and emergencies only and should always be left in the lockbox. You will be charged a fee of $50 if you lock yourself out of the unit and we have to come let you in.
Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are between 9 PM and 8 AM. Please keep in mind you are in a gated community with permanent residents/neighbors. Please be respectful, law enforcement could be called on violators.
Damages: All of our properties are professionally inspected for damages after each renter. If you notice anything damaged please contact Brandon immediately at (530) 545-8102 to resolve any problems or you could be held responsible.
Cleaning: All of our properties are professionally cleaned after each renter, but at times things get missed or unnoticed. If you have concerns about the cleanliness or working condition of anything on the premises, please contact Brandon immediately at (530) 545-8102 to resolve any problems.
Parking Rules: One spot is guaranteed per unit in Pine Wild, otherwise, max parking is listed on the home permit located in the home and on the listing. You can identify the correct parking spot by locating the space with the unit number clearly marked on both the pavement and sign. Additional cars can park at nearby parking garages or lots. Garages and lots may charge an overnight fee. You will be issued a parking permit which they must display on the driver’s side dashboard of your vehicle and “failure to park in the designated parking spaces and/or display the parking permit may result in a citation and fine of $500 to the owner of the vehicle”.
Beach Rules: All Beach rules are addressed in the Beach Rules Section of the Welcome package. Please review before going to Pinewild’s community beach.
Trash: Please secure all trash in one of the Bear Proof Trash containers located on or near the property or in the sheds alongside the complex walkways that are used for bear proof trash waste.
NO PETS ALLOWED.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING.
Initials Here: _________, _________
Enjoy our beautiful lake, but please keep it blue.